KT Week 2019 -- June 3-5
Dear Fellow KT Week Volunteer,
This is a year of celebration for Maryville College, its students, and its alumni. The College is celebrating its Bicentennial, the Maryville College Works internship program is thriving, the endowment is strong, and there are signs of growth and progress throughout campus.
In addition, K.T. volunteers also have reason to celebrate. After contributing thousands of hours of work over the last 22 years and completing a multitude of jobs to address deferred maintenance projects and improving the College’s overall curb appeal, the College simply has fewer labor-intensive jobs for us to do. The purpose of K.T. Week was to support the College in the critical task of providing a more attractive environment for recruiting students, staff, and faculty. Congratulations – job well done!
This year we are adjusting the K.T. schedule to align our support with the labor-intensive projects identified by the Physical Plant team. Reggie Dailey and the Physical Plant are in the process of prioritizing the projects approved for K.T. Week. I will contact Team Leaders once the list has been completed. Important changes to the K.T. schedule are highlighted below:
- K.T. work days will be reduced from five (5) days to three (3) days, June 3-5.
- The work day will begin at 8:30 a.m. and end at 3:30 p.m. (We older folks will appreciate the shorter work day!).
- For those staying on campus, dorm check-in will be from 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. on Sunday, June 2.
- Sunday evening dinner will be at El Jimador at 6:30 p.m. – Dutch treat.
- The official K.T. kick-off will start Monday at 8:45 a.m. in Proffitt Dining Room.
- K.T. Week check-in will take place on the front steps of Pearsons from 7:30 a.m. – 8:45 a.m. Monday, June 3 through Wednesday, June 5.
- Lunch will be from 11:30 a.m.– 12:30 p.m. Monday - Wednesday
- K.T. Project hours on Monday are 9:15 to 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 – 3:30 p.m.
- K.T. Project hours on Tuesday and Wednesday are 8:30 – 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 -3:30 p.m.
- Story-telling at Willard House will be on Tuesday night at 7:00 p.m.
- The K.T. Wrap-up Dinner will be held Wednesday, June 5 at 5:00 p.m. at the Chilhowee Club. RSVP REQUIRED.
K.T. Volunteers have established a legacy of giving back to MC through service. Your example has inspired the Nonprofit Leadership Alliance student organization and Environmental Action Team to institute an annual K.T. WeekEND in observance of Earth Week. Now the reach of K.T. Week has grown to include students, alumni, and friends of the College whose focus is on maintaining the College Woods. K.T. WeekEND is scheduled for Saturday, April 6, 2019.
If you are not able to volunteer for K.T. Week this year, we encourage you to make a donation to the K.T. Endowment Fund. You can make your donation on-line! Be sure to select "Other" in the drop-down menu, and type in "K.T. Endowment".
Please go on-line to the registration link below to register for KT Week 2019. Note the Volunteer Agreement & Waiver of Liability Form to be completed. If you have questions, please contact Angie Harris at email@example.com or (865) 981-8102 or Carol Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org or (865) 981-8202.
I look forward to seeing you at KT Week 2019!
Dan Greaser, '60
Registration deadline is May 6, 2019.
Registrations received after this point are on a individual basis and t-shirt availability is not guaranteed.
If you have not completed your Volunteer Agreement & Waiver of Liability form (one per participant) you may do so by printing, completing and mailing it to the address or scan/email it to email@example.com. You may also fax the completed forms to (865) 981-8190.
Find the form here: Volunteer Agreement & Waiver of Liability
Attn: Alumni Office/KT Week 2019
502 E. Lamar Alexander Pkwy.
Maryville, TN 37804
If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 865.981.8202.